|Home | | Doctor Bios | | Appointments | | Registration Forms | | Insurance | | No Insurance | | Dr. Hoye's Blog | | Contact|
Please read and be aware of the following information before starting your home whitening.
1. Teeth are naturally darker along the gumline. These areas may require more time to lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
2. A small percentage of patients experience sensitivity with a whitening treatment. Should this occur, contact us. It may be recommended that you use a whitening treatment every second or third night. You can also use home whitening during the day for 1-3 hours.
3. Foods and juices high in citrus acid can cause sensitivity to teeth.
4. Some patients have noticed temporary discomfort of the gums, lips, throat, or tongue. Should any of these symptoms progressively worsen, call your dentist. These side effects will usually subside within 1-3 days after treatment is discontinued.
5. Coffee, tobacco and other products can restain your teeth over time. Should this occur, the teeth can be re-whitened within a few nights with a home whitening.
6. Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important before and after whitening treatment to maintain a healthy smile.
7. If you have any questions pertaining to this treatment, please ask your dentist.
8. Some old amalgam or fillings may leave a dark purple color in your bleaching tray; this is normal.
9. Discard any unused whitening gel after treatment is completed.
Please Do Not:
1. Do not use any whitening product while pregnant or lactating.
2. Do not eat while wearing your custom trays.
3. Do not use tobacco products while wearing your custom trays.
4. Do not expose the whitening products to heat and/or sunlight.
5. Do not freeze the whitening products.
Related Teeth Whitening Articles
Teeth Whitening – Brighter, lighter, whiter...
Important Teeth Whitening Questions Answered!
Tooth Whitening Safety Tips
Homer Glen Dentist, Dr. Mary Ellen Hoye is conveniently located between Orland Park and Lockport at 15927 South Bell Road. Dr. Hoye of Homer Glen is an Invisalign Premiere Dentist. Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Hoye will customize a plan for your specific needs. It is always our pleasure to meet you and exceed your expectations as your dentist. Please call us at 708-301-3444.
Copyright @2016 Dr. Mary Ellen Hoye. All Rights Reserved.